As an engineering manager, you will direct and coordinate a team of engineering professionals in execution of new project activities in support of our customer and internal requirements. Your leadership will be instrumental in workforce development and training, execution of continuous improvement and new technology initiatives, and continue to develop Accudyn as a manufacturing leader globally.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Lead a team of cross-functional engineering team members to meet and exceed customer and internal requirements.
- Support new business development initiatives by working with sales, cost development, and business leaders for design, engineering, and manufacturing scope development.
- Advise senior management on business practices and support efforts to meet organization and department objectives.
- Support hiring initiatives and talent development for plastics and engineering professionals.
- Ensure compliance and development objectives are met for continued department adherence to ISO and IATF standards.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders at customers, sales leaders, and global site leaders to successfully support new business and project initiatives.
- Being a cultural champion and emphasizing the value of positive work place environment with focus on problem solving and professionalism.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience and credentials
- Objective-based bonus opportunities
- 401K with company match
- Medical insurance with significant company contribution (medical, dental, vision, disability)
- PTO with accelerated earning
- Quarterly company performance bonus eligibility
- 8+ years of engineering including supervisory experience
- BA/BS in related field and/or equivalent experience
- Masters or MBA in related field preferred with leadership education desired
- Plastics industry experience required
- Engineering or operations experience required
Role Requirements and Competencies
- Understanding of project management principles, formal project management tools and processes.
- Motivated leader willing to be expert and provide direction on customer and internal problem solving efforts.
- Passion to develop and mentor engineering professionals and identify opportunities for formal development planning and training solutions.
- Independently research, review, and recommend new technologies and procedures.
- Advanced understanding of plastics and related concepts including materials, tooling, processing, and general application.
- Eagerness to develop interpersonal relationships with team members and customers.
- Understanding of industry approval processes including but limited to PPAP, IQ/OQ/PQ, and general Validation Requirements.
- Willingness to apply data-driven methodology for problem-solving activities.
- Knowledge of software solutions including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft Project. Position will include use of Solidworks (CAD) and Moldflow (Simulation).
This role is onsite at our Erie, PA location and may have remote working opportunities. There are limited travel requirements, less than 10% of time, which require a valid US Passport with no limitations for travel to Mexico.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- At times this role will require interaction on the manufacturing floor and in warehouse spaces. Protective eye wear is necessary in designated areas.
Accudyn Products is an equal opportunity employer.