Accudyn Products, Inc. seeks an injection mold set-up technician (one for second shift and one for third shift) who is responsible for complete and accurate mold sets per press schedule or as directed by supervisor. We provide a high-energy environment with a culture that supports individual growth & opportunities. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills who, with attention to detail, can work in a team environment to help deliver a quality product to our customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow and complete Accudyn set-up form MF02-07G
- Set molds per process sheet, water diagram, and any other secondary equipment needed.
- Utilize all automation equipment, when available.
- Maintain the mold storage area and maintain housekeeping practices within the molding department.
- Keep the set-up supplies organized and reorder set-up supplies as needed.
- Ability to start up a process machine when ready. Record any changes to process and water diagram. Download to disk before mold is pulled. Complete press cleaning when done.
- Maintain oil cup levels or grease at every set-up.
- Keep clamps, bolts, washers, and knockouts organized.
- Empty all overflow oil containers at each press, keep water buckets empty.
- Answer press alarms and assist in other areas when directed to by the Shift Processor.
- May be assigned special projects or investigations as directed by shift processor.
Education and/or experience
- High school education or GED
- Two years’ experience in the plastics industry or advance from within
Other skills and abilities
- Driving a forklift truck—forklift operation and overhead crane operation training provided by Accudyn
- Capable of understanding hydraulic core systems
- Employee should be goal oriented and a team player with self-motivation
- Performs functional responsibilities with little to no supervision
- Excellent communication skills with coworkers and management both verbally and in writing
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walking, standing, lifting, carrying, bending, reach stretching, standing for longer periods of time (1-3 hrs.).
- While on the job, the employee is regularly requires talking to and hearing others.
- Capable of lifting at least 40 pounds in a safe method.
Accudyn Products is an equal opportunity employer.