As a plastics project engineer, you will be directly involved in development, execution, and successful implementation of new products in support of our customer and internal requirements. Supporting the projects will include interaction with our external customers and suppliers, working closely with internal stakeholders, and management of project specific details to ensure an exceptional customer experience from product launch to scaled manufacturing. This role is onsite at our Erie, PA location and may allow for hybrid-remote work opportunities.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Oversee project development from design to scaled manufacturing for key products and services.
- Develop relationships with customers, suppliers, and internal teams to ensure both the organization and customers objectives are met.
- Work closely with Operations, Quality, Tooling, and Sales teams to solve customer challenges.
- Support development of opportunities to implement new technologies and support ongoing continuous improvement initiatives in Engineering and Operations departments.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary Based on Experience and Credentials
- Objective Based Bonus Opportunities
- 401K with Company Match
- Medical Insurance with Significant Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- PTO with Accelerated Earning
- Quarterly Company Performance Bonus Eligibility
- Self-motivated/driven – able to work in an environment with limited day-to-day oversight.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, on technical topics.
- Eagerness to develop interpersonal relationships with team members and customers.
- Advanced understanding of plastics and related concepts including materials, tooling, processing, and general application.
- Ability to understand and decipher engineering drawings, technical tolerancing/dimension, and work with 3D modeling programs.
- Willingness to apply data-driven methods for problem-solving activities.
- Knowledge of software solutions including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft PowerBI, Microsoft Project. Position will include use of Solidworks (CAD) and Moldflow (Simulation).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Protective eye wear is necessary in designated areas.
Accudyn Products is an equal opportunity employer.