Accudyn Products, Inc. seeks a project engineer II who can effectively organize, plan, communicate, and execute program requirements from customer release phase through to manufacturing and production. The engineer will work towards successful implementation of project through coordination of suppliers as well as internal and external customers and report to management on project status as deemed necessary to the ongoing success of the project.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the APQP process and ISO standards are adhered to, where applicable, for all new and transfer programs.
- Prepare and maintain program management systems defining the objective of the project which shall include but is not limited to: purchasing agreements; quotations for suppliers, vendors, or anything project related; customer correspondence; tool shop correspondence; timelines; engineering data; quality data
- Oversee the budget for the given project to assure compliance/ completion within the parameters of the resources available.
- Ensures formalized communications to the external customer, suppliers, and internal resources on program status and completion of objectives to the plan.
- Assigning tasks and oversight of multiple business segments to ensure proper completion of overall project.
- Ensures notification to management of project status and alerts management of any unfavorable conditions.
- Assist in and recommends corrective action to ensure the project in is compliance and reaches completion.
- Assist in the development stages of projects where applicable and work to continuously develop engineering solutions to disciplines throughout the company.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Plastics, mechanical, or industrial engineering degree or related. If degree is not in one of the above disciplines, 5+ years industry experience requested.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as project engineer or project manager in plastics industry with demonstrated successes.
- Understanding of plastic manufacturing and the molding process.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, internal and external customers, and reporting relationships.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Often working with individuals and organizations with English as a secondary language – ability to work with the aforementioned
- Advanced understanding of concepts in the disciplines of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Ability to oversee budget and costing items such as invoices, purchase orders, and quotations
- Ability to understand technical drawings, dimensional tolerancing, and metric/English unit structures
- Ability to understand and develop basic algorithms is required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of contact management systems (Outlook); project management software (Excel or Project); spreadsheet software (Excel) and word processing software (Word).
- To develop presentation style documents for use in conveying technical issues or requirements.
- Understanding use of, simulation software suites as well as 3D CAD software suites
Accudyn Products is an equal opportunity employer.