Accudyn Products, Inc. seeks a senior project engineer who can effectively lead a team to organize, plan, communicate, and execute program requirements from customer release phase through to manufacturing and production. The senior project engineer will ensure team members have the knowledge and resources for a successful implementation of project through coordination of suppliers as well as internal and external customers, develop team members’ technical and communication skills and abilities, participate in resource planning and management across departments and plants, and report to management on project status as deemed necessary to the ongoing success of the project.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the APQP process and ISO standards are adhered to, where applicable, for all new and transfer injection molded products and assemblies. APQP requirements include but are not limited to:
- Technical feasibility reviews
- Product: Engineering drawing and CAD model reviews to ensure dimensions, tolerances, and technical requirements can be met.
- Injection Mold: Design for manufacturability (DFM) review of the molded product to ensure injection mold will have suitable split lines, draft locations, cooling opportunities, and avoidance of poor molding conditions such as thin steel or gas traps.
- Manufacturing Process: Concept designs and layouts for the manufacturing workstation. Defines necessary manufacturing equipment.
- Conduct injection molding simulation studies and create technical reports summarizing design or process recommendations.
- Completion of injection mold technical specification sheet defining the overall mold construction method, material shrink rates, steel types & materials for construction, injection gate details (number of gates, size, locations, type), mold mechanics, and critical interfaces with production intent injection molding machine or auxiliary equipment.
- Completion of tool design review ensuring compliance with Accudyn’s injection mold standards and guidelines.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System interaction to ensure compliance with engineering document and data Control ISO requirements.
- Define and/or design fixture and gage requirements for product inspection.
- Complete scientific molding studies for the injection molding process validation.
- Define and complete statistical analysis such as design of experiments (DOE) studies, Measurement System Analysis (MSA), and process capability studies for the manufacturing process and molded product.
- Completion of injection mold trial reports and corrective action documentation.
- Define and specify packaging requirements for final products.
- Ensure PPAP or equivalent product submission documentation is complete.
- Monitor first three production runs and deliver safe launch reports to ensure product, mold, and manufacturing performance remain acceptable prior to final production signoff and acceptance.
- Prepare and maintain Program Management systems defining the objective of the project which shall include but is not limited to:
- Purchasing agreements
- Quotations for suppliers, vendors, or anything project related
- Customer correspondence
- Tool Shop correspondence
- Engineering data
- Quality data
- Oversee the budget for the given project to assure compliance/ completion within the parameters of the resources available.
- Ensures formalized communications to the external customer, suppliers, and internal resources on program status and completion of objectives to the plan.
- Assigning tasks and oversight of multiple business segments to ensure proper completion of overall project.
- Ensures notification to management of Project Status and alerts management of any unfavorable conditions. Assist in and recommends corrective action to ensure the project in is compliance and reaches completion.
- Assist in the development stages of projects where applicable and work to continuously develop engineering solutions to disciplines throughout the company.
Education and/or experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Plastics, mechanical, industrial engineering degree or related
- If degree is not in one of the above disciplines, 5+ years industry experience requested.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as project engineer or project manager in plastics Industry with demonstrated successes.
- Understanding of plastic manufacturing and the molding process.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities, internal and external customers, and reporting relationships.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Interpretation and application of plastic material technical data sheets and design guidelines.
- Interpretation and application of technical manuals or data sheets for manufacturing equipment (Injection molding machine, temperature controllers, thermolators, etc.).
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Often working with individuals and organizations with English as a secondary language – ability to work with the aforementioned.
- Advanced understanding of concepts in the disciplines of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry are required.
- Ability to oversee budget and costing items such as invoices, purchase orders, and quotations.
- Ability to understand technical drawings, dimensional tolerancing, and metric/English unit structures.
- Ability to understand and develop basic algorithms is required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems (Outlook) ; Project Management software (Excel or Project); Spreadsheet software (Excel) and Word Processing software (Word).
- To develop presentation style documents for use in conveying technical issues or requirements.
- Understanding of, and use of, simulation software suites.
- Understanding of, and use of, 3D CAD software suites.
Accudyn Products is an equal opportunity employer.